Introducing…..One of our main goals in research is so that no one needs surgery again for chronic conditions - William Parker PhD Duke University Associate Professor of Surgery #Crohns #Colitis #Ostomy #Colostomy Click To Tweet
The best way to predict the future is to create it. Let’s ERADICATE IBD – together.
“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you. “
The intention of the One Great Gut Foundation 501c3 nonprofit organization is to serve all IBD, Crohn’s and Colitis stakeholders, with patient dreams and desires at the forefront of any and all initiatives.
To improve diagnostic tools, treatment options, and protocols, reduce the need for surgeries, to save lives and improve the quality of life of those living with IBD.
“The proper aim of giving is to put the recipients in a state where they no longer need our gifts.”
Once we are formally incorporated this page will migrate to a separate website and entity entirely. Until then this page will be updated with updates and advances. To stay in the loop through email you can sign up with the form below on this page.
– Patient scholarships and micro-grants.
– Research of Integrative and Functional Medicine scientific research for IBD.
– If those studies prove safe and effective, presentation of these results to insurance companies so more Integrative and Functional Medicine therapies are covered.
– Events specifically for children living with IBD. Also parents of those children.
– Patient advocates to assist with in-hospital care, medical billing errors, and generally navigating the complex healthcare system. Including Canada, United Kingdom, Australia and beyond.
– Standardized Patient (SP) Program/feedback immersions to increase “bedside manners”, patient outcome, and practitioner confidence.
– Stage theater and Improvisational workshops to build patient confidence, own their truth/story and have fun.
“Giving is better than receiving because giving starts the receiving process.”
Donations are accepted via Credit Card, Paypal, Bitcoin & Other Cryptocurrencies.
Donations are also accepted by mail and telephone.
Mailing address: One Great Gut 1968 S. Coast Hwy #930 Laguna Beach CA 92651 703-608-9933
You can specify in the notes section which initiative you would like your donation to go towards. If no initiative is mentioned we will appropriate as most needed.
We are in the process of incorporating as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. With your generous support, we will research and present potentially curative solutions to shape a world where Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis no longer exist. Can you imagine a world like that? We can and hope you will support this courageous vision.
“Giving is not just about making a donation. It is about making a difference.”
We are currently accepting donations and are deeply grateful for your contribution and partnership. Until we are formally incorporated gifts and donations are not tax-deductible.
The following is an evolving collection of researchers we currently support and research studies we are interested in seeing the results of.
- Dr. Christine Tara Peterson Ph.D., AHP, RYT UCSD School of Medicine Center of Excellence for Research and Training in Integrative Health
- Dr. Sabine Hazan Steinberg MD Ventura Clinical Trials, Malibu Specialty Center
- William Parker, PhD Duke University
To propose an initiative, study, specific researcher, research center or topic of interest use this contact form.. <
To inquire and apply about becoming a board member, please use this form
Crohn’s And Colitis Topics Of Interests:
- The quickest, safest and most efficient way to:
- Rebuild gut lining
- Reduce inflammation
- Reduce stress
- Eliminate anxiety and depression
- Feel happy, love and deep inner-peace
- Maintain long-term remission
- A Meta-Analysis, Meta-Review of current IBD research
- [Rain]Forest Bathing/Therapy. The effects of nature on the nervous system and microbiome,
- Genomics, metabolomics, proteomics, microbiomics
- Voice recognition for patients and practitioners
- Augmented reality, virtual reality and mixed reality (AR/VR/MR)
- Aerobic vs. Anaerobic exercise
- Pineal gland
- The role of microbiota and inflammation in self-judgment and empathy
- Med-Tech wearables
- Practitioner professional behaviors and patient outcomes (Ref: Association of Coworker Reports About Unprofessional Behavior by Surgeons With Surgical Complications in Their Patients)
- Stool analysis using nanotechnology
- FMT bottom-up and “Crapsules” top-down
- Medical cannabis and hemp
- 5G and other EMF Exposures
- Endogenous human strain microbiomics
- Effect of GMOs, Glyphosate, environmental toxins on gut health
- Ayurvedic herbs with Next Generation synbiotics
- Ayurvedic herb-based Fecal Microbial Transplant protocols
- Synbiotics(probiotics and prebiotics)
- Entheogen research to target the gut-brain axis
- Pet allergies/histamine intolerance and gut microbes
- An exploration into the effects of fluoride and tap water on the microbiome
- Low residue diet and sustained prolonged health of the GI Intestinal track
- Schumann resonances (SR)
- Effects of yoga, meditation, and prayer
- An exploration into the effects of wheat on gut permeability and blood-brain barrier permeability
- Indigenous/Aboriginal/Native human strain microbiomics
- Enteric Nervous System(ENS) and Gut Health
- Stress and Gut Health
- Polyvagal Theory (Vagus Nerve) and Gut/Brain Axis
- Gut Health and nervousness
- Mucosal lining / endothelial cells research
- Sig A, gut function
- Appendicitis and diverticulitis
- Galt(Gut-associated lymphoid tissue) system
- Chronic infection / chronic parasitology (Macroscopic)
One Great Gut Foundation Visionary Founders
Joel is a former Raytheon Engineer and has received honors from both the Department of Justice and Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America. He’s a Transformational Coach, Crohn’s patient, former Ulcerative Colitis patient, integrative nutritionist, and patient advocate. He is also the founder of One Great Gut PBC and One Great Gut nonprofit. He is passionate about enhancing the quality of life of those living with IBD around the globe and making treatments more accessible and affordable. In his spare time you might find him empowering purpose-driven musicians, mountain biking, practicing yoga, meditating, cooking, studying neuroplasticity, consciousness, or attempting to sing karaoke without breaking glass.
His question of the day is: “Can you imagine a world where Inflammatory Bowel Disease is flushed away, forever”?
- Dr. Inna Lukyanovsky, PharmD is a Doctor of Pharmacy, Functional Medicine Practitioner, Gut Health Expert and Best Selling Author of the book “Crohn’s and Colitis Fix.” In her practice, she incorporates lifestyle interventions, gut-healing, and hormone expertise, clinical knowledge, and experience as an Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s disease patient, who is in full remission. She works with clients locally and nationally, her practice is focused on helping people reset their digestion, balance their hormones, reduce inflammatory symptoms, get more energy and restore the immune system. She is a wife and mother of three boys living with her family in Marlboro, New Jersey. She is also a certified PureBioenergy Therapist and Geriatric Consultant Pharmacist. For almost 20 years she practiced as a Pharmacist, was diagnosed with UC in 2000 and later Crohn’s experiencing debilitating symptoms of this autoimmune disorder that has no cure. Using her clinical knowledge she healed herself and now helps others reach the same level of deep full remission. Learn more about Dr. Lukyanovsky’s practice at Digestive Reset. A percentage of every client fee who works with Dr. Lukyanovsky through One Great Gut will be donated to the One Great Gut Foundation. So you can invest in your health and build a healthier world through patient scholarships, Integrative and Functional Medicine scientific research, and events for children at the same time!
- Virginia RodriguezVirginia is the Publisher of E.P.I.C. Empowering People, Inspiring Community®, a free local conscious living magazine with a circulation of 10,000 copies distributed throughout North County San Diego, and the co-founder of Self-Care for Entrepreneurs, a live monthly speaker series. Find her at Virginia@EpicNorthCounty.com, EpicNorthCounty.com, and SelfCare4Entrepreneurs.com.
- Tina GehresTina has been a practicing attorney for over 20 years, owns a small law firm and recently co-founded YesHope.org, a not-for-profit organization focused on promoting integrative healing modalities in a variety of ways. After recovering from her own life-threatening chronic illness, without the aid of western medicine, she is passionate about sharing the knowledge and wisdom she has gained so others may be empowered to experience true healing as she has. Her path to healing has included chiropractic care, NET Therapy (applied kinesiology), Medicine Wheel training, and extensive energetic work.
- Alisa Rowland
Alisa was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis in 2004, is the founder of Yoga for IBD, a flow yoga series specifically designed for adults with gut issues who are seeking hope, options, and resources for balance in their life. She teaches yoga workshops in San Diego and holds individual consultations. She is also a professional college counselor and mother of two. Previously, Alisa taught yoga for CorePower and has blogged for One Great Gut and other leading Gut Health /IBD publications. She has healed her ulcerated colon through a mostly plant-based, whole foods diet paired with a steady yoga practice and a mindful approach to life. She worked through her many emotional issues to address the root cause of her disease after traditional western medicine held no long-term answers for her. She recently celebrated seven years of living medication-free with long-term periods of full remission of symptoms. You can find Alisa listening to music or singing when she isn’t at the beach or with her family. You can read about Alisa’s journey at her blog tinylittleulcers.wordpress.com and check out the upcoming yogaforibd.com. She shared the depth of her IBD journey and exactly what she did to heal in her extensive interview that is included with the One Great Gut Collection.
- Brad Brinkman
Since his first 5 hospital stays in 2001, Brad has taken consistent massive action to put Crohn’s disease into remission. Ever positive and inspired to live in an optimal state of health, Brad has learned from his 19 years of experimentation with over 100 different alternative Crohn’s healing modalities.
Although he believes that there is a time and place for Western medicine, Brad has been able to manage and eliminate the ungodly pains of the disease without it. Brad is an entrepreneur specializing in residential real estate marketing and sales full time for over 23 years, publishing four books on residential real estate. He enjoys spending time with his family, prioritizes self-care, and enjoys surfing and writing.