Our Purpose: We help those with IBD Crohn’s Colitis Thrive by working together to accelerate healing.
Our Vision: We are popularizing a new gold standard of care – empowering and educating IBD Crohn’s Colitis patients on the four pillars of true health: Physical, Emotional, Mental and Spiritual healing to heal the issues in your tissues, forever.
One of our main goals in our research is so that no one needs surgery again for chronic conditions – William Parker PhD Duke University Associate Professor of Surgery #Crohns #Colitis #Ostomy #Colostomy Click To Tweet
The best way to predict the future is to create it. Let’s ERADICATE IBD – together.
“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you. “
Thanks for your excellent work and big hearted efforts to help those with digestive issues find ways to heal. I am happy to contribute to your sure success. Wishing you all the very best! – Jeni Hogenson
Wanted to send you a thank you note for your quick personal response regarding our daughter Mia that has been diagnosed with Crohn’s when she was 11. Joel has been a great resource to help us find an alternate solution to immunosuppressant medication that our daughter has been taking for 2 years. Lots of new therapies we are looking into right now, and we are planning to stop the heavy medication in the next few weeks, and start a real healing journey not just a “bandage” Sincerely, Pascal
Whether you are newly diagnosed or are a veteran of Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis, you don’t want to miss this hilarious, down and dirty, truthful life journey. Thank You Emma Becker for choosing to donate 100% of proceeds of your “Gut Tales” book to the One Great Gut Foundation. We’re grateful for you. Wishing your Great Gut to continue!
Dr. Pereira 5 out of 5 stars
Humorous Read On A Serious Health Subject
A humorous read on a serious health subject. After meeting several people with chronic illnesses, such as Crohn’s/Ulcerative Colitis/IBD, it became clear to me that I should read up on this issue impacting so many people in the U.S. The descriptors to the symptoms are normally matter-of-fact, but when I purchased Gut Tales by Emma Becker and read it, this author clearly lays out more than mere symptoms. Emma Becker helps readers understand what the daily struggles sufferers of this disease go through are, the realities of the mind-body connection being impacted, how relationships can be affected, but most importantly – how to thrive, charge ahead with a positive mindset, live life to the fullest amidst tough times, and embrace this disease as a part that is not the whole of who a person is that is enduring this. Since Becker shares a lot of wisdom and humor applicable well outside the scope of this subject matter that is relatable to everyday experiences most people have, Gut Tales is recommended not only for people going through this chronic illness, but for a wider audience.
Arthur Trujillo – 5 out of 5 stars
Terrific read! WOW! Wonderfully entertaining book. Could not put it down!
“The truth of it is, that there is a lack of sophisticated alternatives for people suffering with chronic digestive issues. As a chiropractor I’ve seen people with all kinds of digestive issues that are desperately seeking solutions they couldn’t find within the mainstream. I’m excited for what One Great Gut is doing, the direction their seeking and the relief it will provide for so many.” Dr. Matt Kreinheder“To solve big problems, I believe it takes a bold vision and outside of the box thinking. Joel and One Great Gut are working to create meaningful change for IBD patients that transcends the current dogma and paints a bright picture of future possibilities” Dr. Jason Klop, ND
“I am excited by the mission and work of One Great Gut. With so much suffering due to IBD and other chronic digestive complaints, it’s important to have advocacy, education, basic research and outreach available in this space.” Christine Tara Peterson, PhD UCSD School Of MedicineThe intention of the One Great Gut Foundation 501c3 nonprofit organization is to serve all IBD, Crohn’s and Colitis stakeholders, with patient dreams and desires at the forefront of any and all initiatives.To improve diagnostic tools, treatment options, and protocols, reduce the need for surgeries, to save lives and improve the quality of life of those living with IBD.“The proper aim of giving is to put the recipients in a state where they no longer need our gifts.”
“Giving is better than receiving because giving starts the receiving process.”
“Giving is not just about making a donation. It is about making a difference.”We are currently accepting donations and are deeply grateful for your contribution and partnership. Until we are formally incorporated gifts and donations are not tax-deductible.The following is an evolving collection of researchers we currently support and research studies we are interested in seeing the results of.
- Dr. Christine Tara Peterson Ph.D., AHP, RYT UCSD School of Medicine Center of Excellence for Research and Training in Integrative Health
- Dr. Sabine Hazan Steinberg MD Ventura Clinical Trials, Malibu Specialty Center
- William Parker, PhD Duke University
- Dr. Kasia Kines DCN MS MA CN CNS – Functional Nutritionist and CEO and founder of EBV Educational Institute Virtual clinic serving the US and globally.
- The quickest, safest and most efficient way to:
- Rebuild gut lining
- Reduce inflammation
- Reduce stress
- Eliminate anxiety and depression
- Feel happy, love and deep inner-peace
- Maintain long-term remission
- A Meta-Analysis, Meta-Review of current IBD research
- [Rain]Forest Bathing/Therapy. The effects of nature on the nervous system and microbiome,
- Genomics, metabolomics, proteomics, microbiomics
- Voice recognition for patients and practitioners
- Sound and resonant frequencies and its influence on inflammation and the microbiome (Ref: TEDx Shattering cancer with resonant frequencies: Anthony Holland at TEDxSkidmoreCollege)
- Augmented reality, virtual reality and mixed reality (AR/VR/MR)
- Aerobic vs. Anaerobic exercise
- Pineal gland
- The role of microbiota and inflammation in self-judgment and empathy
- Med-Tech wearables
- Practitioner professional behaviors and patient outcomes (Ref: Association of Coworker Reports About Unprofessional Behavior by Surgeons With Surgical Complications in Their Patients)
- Stool analysis using nanotechnology
- FMT bottom-up and “Crapsules” top-down
- Medical cannabis and hemp
- 5G and other EMF Exposures
- Endogenous human strain microbiomics
- Why Since the introduction of biologic agents in 2005, surgery for patients with UC is more likely to require multiple procedures.
- Effect of GMOs, Glyphosate, environmental toxins on gut health
- Ayurvedic herbs with Next Generation synbiotics
- Ayurvedic herb-based Fecal Microbial Transplant protocols
- Synbiotics(probiotics and prebiotics)
- Entheogen research. Entheogens such as Ayahuasca(The Grand Mother plant), DMT, Ibogaine, Ketamine, LSA, LSD, MDE, Mescaline, Peyote, San Pedro(The Grand Father plant or Huachuma) , Lophophora williamsii, and Psilocybin
- When Entheongen research is sufficiently funded we will likely partner with MAPS PBC (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies). MAPS is a non-profit research and educational organization that develops medical, legal, and cultural contexts for people to benefit from the careful uses of psychedelics and marijuana.
- Ref: Microdosing and Depression, DMT May Rapidly Improve Depression, Anxiety, and 8 Common Psychedelic Mistakes )
- Pet allergies/histamine intolerance and gut microbes
- An exploration into the effects of fluoride and tap water on the microbiome
- Low residue diet and sustained prolonged health of the GI Intestinal track
- Schumann resonances (SR)
- Effects of yoga, meditation, and prayer
- An exploration into the effects of wheat on gut permeability and blood-brain barrier permeability
- Indigenous/Aboriginal/Native human strain microbiomics
- Enteric Nervous System(ENS) and Gut Health
- Stress and Gut Health
- Polyvagal Theory (Vagus Nerve) and Gut/Brain Axis
- Gut Health and nervousness
- Mucosal lining / endothelial cells research
- Sig A, gut function
- Appendicitis and diverticulitis
- Galt(Gut-associated lymphoid tissue) system
- Chronic infection / chronic parasitology (Macroscopic)
- Interesting Published Studies:Correlation between Antibodies to Bacterial Lipopolysaccharides and Barrier Proteins in Sera Positive for ASCA and ANCA by Aristo Vojdani, Elroy Vojdani, Martha Herbert, and Datis Kharrazian – International Journal of Molecular Sciences (Includes figure of How an unhealthy lifestyle can lead to inflammation in the brain)
- Association of the Functional Medicine Model of Care With Patient-Reported Health related Quality-of-Life Outcomes – Michelle Beidelschies, PhD; Marilyn Alejandro-Rodriguez, BSAS; Xinge Ji, MS; Brittany Lapin, PhD; Patrick Hanaway, MD; Michael B. Rothberg, MD, MPH – JAMA: The Journal of the American Medical Association
- Increased risk of chronic fatigue syndrome in patients with inflammatory bowel disease: a population-based retrospective cohort study – Shin-Yi Tsai, Hsuan-Ju Chen, Chon-Fu Lio, Chien-Feng Kuo, An-Chun Kao, Wei-Shieng Wang, Wei-Cheng Yao, Chi Chen, and Tse-Yen Yang – Journal of Translational Medicine
- Rethinking the treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome—a reanalysis and evaluation of findings from a recent major trial of graded exercise and CBT – Carolyn E. Wilshire, Tom Kindlon, Robert Courtney, Alem Matthees, David Tuller, Keith Geraghty & Bruce Levin – BMC Psychology
- Higher Sun Exposure is Associated With Lower Risk of Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease A Matched Case-control Study – Holmes, Elizabeth Ann; Ponsonby, Anne-Louise; Pezic, Angela; Ellis, Justine A.; Kirkwood, Carl D.; Lucas, Robyn M. – Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition
One Great Gut Foundation Visionary Founders
- Joel SprechmanJoel is a former Raytheon Engineer and has received honors from both the Department of Justice and Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America. He’s a Transformational Coach, Crohn’s patient, former Ulcerative Colitis patient, integrative nutritionist, and patient advocate. He is also the founder of One Great Gut PBC and One Great Gut Foundation nonprofit. He is passionate about enhancing the quality of life of those living with IBD around the globe and making treatments more accessible and affordable. In his spare time you might find him empowering purpose-driven musicians, mountain biking, practicing yoga, meditating, cooking, studying neuroplasticity, consciousness, or attempting to sing karaoke without breaking any glass.His question of the day is: “Can you imagine a world where Inflammatory Bowel Disease is flushed away, forever”?
- Dr. Inna Lukyanovsky, PharmD
- Dr. Lukyanovsky is a Doctor of Pharmacy, Functional Medicine Practitioner, Gut Health Expert and Best Selling Author of the book “Crohn’s and Colitis Fix.” In her practice, she incorporates lifestyle interventions, gut-healing, and hormone expertise, clinical knowledge, and experience as an Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s disease patient, who is in full remission. She works with clients locally and nationally, her practice is focused on helping people reset their digestion, balance their hormones, reduce inflammatory symptoms, get more energy and restore the immune system. She is a wife and mother of three boys living with her family in Marlboro, New Jersey. She is also a certified PureBioenergy Therapist and Geriatric Consultant Pharmacist. For almost 20 years she practiced as a Pharmacist, was diagnosed with UC in 2000 and later Crohn’s experiencing debilitating symptoms of this autoimmune disorder that has no cure. Using her clinical knowledge she healed herself and now helps others reach the same level of deep full remission. Learn more about Dr. Lukyanovsky’s practice at Digestive Reset. If you choose to work with her, she will donate a percentage to One Great Gut the One Great Gut Foundation. So you can invest in your health and build a healthier world through for children at the same time! Mention One Great Gut for a special discount.
- Virginia Rodriguez
- Virginia is the Publisher of E.P.I.C. Empowering People, Inspiring Community®, a free local conscious living magazine with a circulation of 10,000 copies distributed throughout North County San Diego, and the co-founder of Self-Care for Entrepreneurs, a live monthly speaker series. Find her at Virginia@EpicNorthCounty.com, EpicNorthCounty.com, and SelfCare4Entrepreneurs.com.
- Alisa RowlandAlisa was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis in 2004, is the founder of Yoga for IBD, a flow yoga series specifically designed for adults with gut issues who are seeking hope, options, and resources for balance in their life. She teaches yoga workshops in San Diego and holds individual consultations. She is also a professional college counselor and mother of two. Previously, Alisa taught yoga for CorePower and has blogged for One Great Gut and other leading Gut Health /IBD publications. She has healed her ulcerated colon through a mostly plant-based, whole foods diet paired with a steady yoga practice and a mindful approach to life. She worked through her many emotional issues to address the root cause of her disease after traditional western medicine held no long-term answers for her. She recently celebrated seven years of living medication-free with long-term periods of full remission of symptoms. You can find Alisa listening to music or singing when she isn’t at the beach or with her family. You can read about Alisa’s journey at her blog tinylittleulcers.wordpress.com and check out the upcoming yogaforibd.com. She shared the depth of her IBD journey and exactly what she did to heal in her extensive interview that is included with the One Great Gut Collection.
- Brad Brinkman Since his first 5 hospital stays in 2001, Brad has taken consistent massive action to put Crohn’s disease into remission. Ever positive and inspired to live in an optimal state of health, Brad has learned from his 19 years of experimentation with over 100 different alternative Crohn’s healing modalities.
Although he believes that there is a time and place for Western medicine, Brad has been able to manage and eliminate the ungodly pains of the disease without it. Brad is an entrepreneur specializing in residential real estate marketing and sales full time for over 23 years, publishing four books on residential real estate. He enjoys spending time with his family, prioritizes self-care, and enjoys surfing and writing.